Don't call me Ms.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

American Idol: First 4 Eliminated

First up, a reminder of my picks/predictions:

Men

My picks Kevin and Bobby/Bucky (I can't choose)
My prediction Bobby and Bucky

Women
My picks Becky and Stevie
My predictions Stevie and Heather

The Show

First group song of the season: Take it Easy
I don't really like the Eagles. I really hate the group songs. They're always so cheesy that I can't even bring myself to say anything bad about them. It's like throwing a big red rubber ball at the kid who's got his back turned because he's already walking to the sideline. Is it too much to hope that the fact that Kevin and Bobby didn't get solos in the song means they're out? Have I mentioned how much I like Taylor?

First Woman Eliminated
Becky had the fewest votes?! I'm shocked. Glad, but shocked. She easily had the worst performance, but I thought her looks might have kept her in for a round or two. I can't feel bad for her, though, she'll be ok in life. The "hot chicks" always are. There's always Maxim, right?

BTW, I don't understand why the people who are eliminated sing one last time, especially in these earlier rounds. They weren't the best, that's why they're leaving. Why do we want to hear them again?

First Man Out
Bobby. Is there anyone in the world shocked by this? I doubt it. His performance last night was a disaster, and he had no "likeability" or "it" or "x" factor. This was the right call America, maybe you aren't as moronic as I sometimes think. I have to say, though, if the last line of his exit performance tonight was how he had sung everything, I wouldn't be so down on him.

Second Woman Gone
Stevie. The only surprise here is that she was second worst, not worst. I'm sure she has a lovely voice, but she's just not cut out for American Idol. Good luck in NY, that's where you belong, not Hollywood.

Second Man to Go
Patrick. I'm a little sad. He wasn't great, but he wasn't that bad. Let this be a lesson to the others - song choice matters! Simon was right (again) - you have to stand out. Does Patrick remind anyone else of their church youth group leader?

Summary
50%, not bad but not good...like so many of the performances this week. America is fickle and unpredictable, but it was quite obvious who was the worst on both nights. See you next week.

"LAKHawk Out"

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home