Don't call me Ms.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

American Idol: Top 12 Women

I've renewed my American Idol addiction this season and am so glad they're finally to the point of performing. Since I no longer have roommates to watch with and pick apart performances, I'll be making catty comments through my blog. Check back after each new episode for my [hopefully] amusing perspective.

Recaps:

Mandisa Who loves the 80s? I DO! This rocked, I loved it, and I love her. She's got just a touch of attitude, but not the grating kind (see Brenna).

Kellie Pickler I like her, but the singing just didn't do much for me. I hope she lasts awhile, though.

Becky O'Donohue Ewwwww. This was awful, I don't care how hot Simon thinks she is, this performance was terrible. I'm not going to be happy if she survives past the first couple of rounds.

Ayla Brown Despite my disdain for her height (ok, actually jealousy), I really enjoyed her performance. She's a good singer, and I expect she'll improve as the weeks go on. I'm a little worried though; when I called to vote for a couple of my favorites, her number was the only one I could get through on a half-hour into the voting.

Paris Bennett That was just FUN. And how great was the feathered hair?! I enjoy her, and she's definitely one of the early favorites.

Stevie Scott Yuck. I like Josh Groban (sshhhh, don't tell anyone), but she was just awful. I don't care if she's classically trained, sings opera, blah, blah, blah, it was bad. And she had ZERO entertainment factor.

Brenna Gethers One jerk is entertaining - Simon is a judge and has earned his success, somebody needs to be doing battle with the Brennas of this show. She didn't back up the attitude with a great performance, which might have at least made it amusing. Instead, it was just annoying. Go pose somewhere else.

Heather Cox Maybe the judges were too generous when they let her through. She sounded better when she was sick.
Melissa McGhee Ehhhh. She was ok, not worthy of a vote, but definitely should not be one of the first to go.

Lisa Tucker Wow - this girl does not sound or look 16 years old! I was blown away and really enjoyed her performance. I look forward to hearing her again.

Kinnik Sky First, I don't care if her name is "Kin-eek," I will call her "Kinnick" until she's kicked off. Spelling be damned - Go Hawkeyes! She was pretty good, but not one of the greats. I enjoyed her, didn't love her. She should survive, but I'm not sure for how long.
Katharine McPhee Another early favorite, she's technically very good, and I enjoyed her song. She was a little stiff at times, but the performance/stage presence should only improve in the coming weeks, especially as the nerves fall away, making her even more competitive.

Who's out?
My picks Becky and Stevie
My predictions Stevie and Heather

Up Next
The guys...I won't be home to watch live, but I will immediately be fast-forwarding to find Taylor Hicks's number to call and vote for him. Hey, I never promised to be unbiased.

"LAKHawk Out"

2 Comments:

  • Seriously? Taylor Hicks? I think Ace is way hotter than Constantine, and I hope the judges don't fawn on him so much that they turn off the viewers.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 PM, February 22, 2006  

  • You know I loved me some Constantine, but you're right, Ace is definitely cuter. I just don't remember him from the auditions, maybe he'll win me over. As for Taylor Hicks, what can I say, I love Joe Cocker too.

    By Blogger lakhawk, at 6:17 PM, February 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home