Don't call me Ms.

Friday, August 11, 2006

If you can make it there...

I hate New York. I enjoy visiting *briefly* in order to see a museum or visit an old friend, but I can't wait to get out. But I did this anyway, because Odderie has all the fun games. Could someone please explain to me why the author of this little diversion thinks "conservative" and "appreciate good art and culture" are incompatible attributes? The people I knew in law school that had opera or symphony subscriptions were also 3 of the most conservative people I've ever met. Perhaps "good" is being used as a euphemism for "modern" in this instance.

You Belong in the Upper East Side

You're an aspiring blue blood, and you want the best of New York high society.
And while some may think you're conservative, you still appreciate good art and culture.

2 Comments:

  • Wow... they put me on the Upper West Side, we're like practically neighbors. I actually know nothing about New York but from their comments I think i might be a little offended...

    "You have what it takes to be successful, but not snooty.
    That's why you belong in the New York of Sex and the City and Seinfeld!"

    seriously? I do not want to live with the Sex and the City girls, or Seinfeld and Kramer for that matter.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:19 PM, August 11, 2006  

  • Hmmm... maybe they mean conservative in the sense of not liking anything flashy or showy? Because art is pretty flashy/showy. I dunno, maybe they could just be biased too.

    By Blogger Law Fairy, at 7:36 PM, August 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home