Don't call me Ms.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Soundtrack to my life

Here is another one of those fun how-well-do-you-know-your-friend parasite e-mails. I figured I'd spare my friends having to waste an hour trying to reply and just post it here. As you can see, I have eclectic musical tastes. And this doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. So if they made a movie of my life, here is what I would hope they'd put on the soundtrack. Assuming royalties wouldn't be cost-prohibitive, of course.

Opening Credits:
"Ooh La La" - Rod Stewart

Waking Up Scene:
"Perfect Day" - Hoku

Car Driving Scene:
"Downtown" - Petula Clark

High School Flashback Scene:
"How's It Going To Be" - Third Eye Blind

Nostalgic Scene:
"Do You Remember" - Jack Johnson

Bitter, Angry Scene:
"You Oughta Know" - Alanis Morissette

Break-up Scene:
"Untouchable Face" - Ani DiFranco

Regret Scene:
"Don't Tell Me" - Madonna

Nightclub/Bar Scene:
"Jumpin' Jumpin'" - Destiny's Child

Fight/Action Scene:
"Redneck Woman" - Gretchen Wilson

Lawn Mowing Scene:
"Hoedown" - Aaron Copeland

Sad, breakdown scene:
"Angel" - Sarah McLachlan

Death Scene:
"I'll Fly Away" - Alison Krauss

Funeral Scene:
"Walk In Jerusalem" - Mahalia Jackson

Mellow/Pot-smoking Scene:
There wouldn't be one.

Dreaming About Someone Scene:
"Turn Me On" - Norah Jones

Sex Scene:
"Come Away With Me" - Norah Jones

Contemplation Scene:
"Sitting At The Window Of My Room" - Alison Krauss

Chase Scene:
"Good Ol' Boys" - Waylon Jennings

Happy Love Scene:
"At Last" - Etta James

Happy Friend Scene:
"Centerfield" [aka "Put Me In Coach"] - John C. Fogerty

Closing Credits:
"The Good Stuff" - Kenny Chesney

1 Comments:

  • I love your soundtrack compilation. Some of them were spot-on for me, too, and I could tell you put a lot of thought into your choices. Fun stuff!

    By Blogger Avid Diva, at 6:35 PM, June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home