Don't call me Ms.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Just Kill Me Now

Last night I drove a minivan to soccer practice. Seriously, someone please put me out of my misery.

I'm spending the week in St. Louis with my nieces and nephew, babysitting the youngest two during the day. I love them dearly, and we're having a splendid time, for the most part. But as I sat by listening to the other parents obsessively trying to coach their kids from fold-up chairs on the sidelines (because they couldn't be bothered to make the commitment to actually be a coach) I wanted to walk up the hill and out into the middle of the highway. It would have been less painful. Because we all know how much I love soccer. (And for those who don't know...I loathe it. I despise it. It makes me sick to my stomach just to think about it. I CAN'T STAND THAT SISSY SPORT!)

Ok, now back to Jimmy Neutron and the Dora the Explorer pinball game.

2 Comments:

  • Look, you can be the lady who sits on a chair and "coaches," or you can be the lady who sips from her "coffee thermos" filled with rum punch. Life is not without choices.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:39 PM, August 31, 2006  

  • Take comfort in being the hottest soccer "mom" there.

    By Blogger Avid Diva, at 2:43 PM, September 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home