Don't call me Ms.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

American Idol: Top 10 Women

I was so underwhelmed by tonight's performances I had to motivate myself to write about them. There was still some good singing, but the performances as a whole were definitely lacking - all around.

Recaps


Katharine
When will people learn - don't pick Stevie Wonder songs. She has a great voice, and that still showed, but this was very dull.

Kinnick When she said she was singing Gretchen Wilson I knew we were in trouble. While I am glad she picked a song with some energy (unlike the others) there was just something off the whole time. The vocals didn't fit the song. It was very karaoke.

Lisa Excellent vocals, but the whole time I was thinking "she's 16; she's never actually felt that way." I can't wait to hear her sing something fun and happy.

Melissa There was some energy, and it wasn't bad. But that's about all I remember of Melissa's take on Reba. Not a star performance.

Heather What was she thinking?! There's a reason nobody has performed Hero on the show before. Has anyone, anywhere ever lived up to the original?

Brenna She just gets on my nerves more and more each week. Last Dance is a great song, and she didn't do it justice. And was it just me, or was that a very strange place in the song to start singing?

Paris Bette Midler is one of my favorites, and Paris handled the song well. However, it looked like she was playing dress up tonight. She reminded me of Rudy Huxtable in one of the episodes of The Cosby Show where the whole family dressed up and sang a song for their grandparents' anniversary. "Baaaa-bbbyyyy!"

Ayla While not a Celine Dion fan, I did think Ayla handled the song well. Again, though, a boring performance.

Kellie Wow, she's either really naive or really stupid. I'm leaning toward sheltered and child-like, which has the advantage of allowing me to not hate her. I really love this song, Something to Talk About, but she was merely alright.

Mandisa Interesting song choice, but she handled it quite well. It was different, but not in a bad way.

In summary, I'm quite disappointed in the ladies tonight. This was how I felt about the guys last week, so maybe that means the guys will be much better this week. I can only hope.

Who's out?
My picks Brenna and Heather
My prediction Melissa and Heather

Up Next
The guys. Like I said, hopefully they'll be much improved this week.

"LAKHawk Out"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home