Don't call me Ms.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Ancient Chinese Wisdom

I got the best fortune in my fortune cookie from Wok-n-Roll last night.

"Your present plans are going to succeed."

That's right plans - plural. I take that to mean that my plans for both a job and a man are going to succeed. I'm sure I have some other sub-conscious plans that will be triumphant as well. The fortune cookie said so.

This fortune takes the top spot away from another favorite from college: "There is romance and mystery in your future." Sure, it sounded good at the time, but the only mystery has turned out to be just how far in the future this romance is waiting.

There was another particularly good one from earlier this year that I acquired by gift. My sister sent it to me with this note:
Sister-
The Chinese got confused...this fortune is definitely supposed to be yours...not at all mine! *heart*

The fortune? "You would make a good lawyer."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home