Don't call me Ms.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Favorite Christmas Songs

First I'm going to share my most favorites and least favorites, then you can add yours in the comments below. Then I can respond and tell you why you are wrong and/or have bad taste. It'll be fun.

Best/Favorites:
-I'll Be Home for Christmas
-White Christmas (I love Bing!)
-All I Want for Christmas is You (Love Actually is a pretty good movie, too)

Songs I don't care if I ever hear again:
-Do You Hear What I Hear (especially Whitney Houston on A Very Special Christmas)
-The Coventry Carol (hauntingly beautiful? nope, just plain creepy)

3 Comments:

  • Well, you already have "All I Want For Christmas" up there (my favorite "modern" song.

    So I'll add my favorite "classic" song: Carol of the Bells!

    By Blogger Avid Diva, at 9:26 AM, December 07, 2005  

  • I'm trying to get over that you don't LOVE Coventry Carol...

    I agree with o-dog and would add God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and O Come, O Come Emanuel. I don't know why I prefer songs in minor keys. Perhaps there's something wrong with me :)

    By Blogger Law Fairy, at 5:18 PM, December 07, 2005  

  • I do like O Come, O Come Emanuel - that is a simple, pretty tune.

    And Carol of the Bells will always have a special place in my heart as the first Christmas song I learned to play on the piano in a "real" arrangement, not just a simplified version out of my regular lesson book.

    By Blogger lakhawk, at 12:39 PM, December 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home