Don't call me Ms.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

American Idol: Four More Go

First up, a reminder of my picks/predictions:

Men

DVR failed me, but by all accounts, David should be gone.

Women
My picks Brenna and Heather
My predictions Melissa and Heather

The Show

Group Song! Love the One Your With
Yep, still cheesy. Tonight featured the women, which was probably a good call. After two weeks of subpar performances from the men, Randy's prediction that the idol will be a guy this year is seriously in doubt.

Longest...recap...ever...

Carrie Underwood! Love her, sooooo sick of this song.

Women's Elimination
Bottom Three - Kinnik, Brenna, and Heather
I won't be sad to see any of them go.

Brenna had the fewest votes and is out first. I guess she got on the rest of America's nerves as much as mine. I'm just upset she got 2 more minutes of air time. Buh-bye!

And now Heather is out. Again, not a surprise and not terribly disappointing. That's what you get for trying to tackle one of the most incredible female pop vocalists EVER, not to mention the woman of the hour (year?).

Can I just say I'm (pleasantly) surprised they didn't follow the same formula as last week.

Men's Elimination
Bottom three - Sway, David, and Kevin
Wow, my wildest dreams are coming true all over again.

David is out. Not shocking - I like the style of music he was singing, but he's just no Clay Aiken. He'll be great in a college glee club somewhere in a couple of years. The only let down here is that Sway or Kevin will be back next week.

I didn't plan on commenting on commercials, but I just want to say, if you've never tried a Coke Float, do so. It really is quite good. And Diet Coke with lowfat frozen yogurt is a good way to satisfy your sweet craving when you're counting calories.

And Jose "Sway" is gone. I was never a big fan, but I didn't actively dislike him, like some of the other guys. Oh well. We still have one more week to get rid of Kevin.

Summary
67%...yep, I round up. I should stop trying to over-analyze the voting and just stick with who I think should go. I'd have been 75% last week and 100% this week. See you next week for the final week in this format.

"LAKHawk Out"

2 Comments:

  • Kevin is STILL IN?!

    By the way, I love these posts. I don't have a DVR, and my finals studying days are unpredictable. Getting to read your hilarious take on it is the best of both worlds (blogging and reality TV worlds, that is)!

    By Blogger Avid Diva, at 11:03 PM, March 02, 2006  

  • None of the men can sing half as good as Clay Aiken. That man was born to sing. I am sure you will see better looking men and guys who can sing good but Clay Aiken is the true American Idol.

    I think a lot of people could use voice lessons in the competition if anything.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 AM, March 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home