Don't call me Ms.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

AI: Top 10

Tonight is songs of the 21st century. Sadly, I don't know how many of these songs I will actually know. That's what law school does to you. It's like I lived in a cave for the last three years. Well, here goes...

Lisa "Because of You" A Kelly Clarkson song - do you really want to set yourself up to be compared to a past winner? Once again, I'm sitting here thinking "she's sixteen, she's never felt that way." And the vocals weren't even as good as they have been in the past. I don't think Lisa will be around much longer.

Kellie "Suds in the Bucket" This is supposed to be a rousing, raucous song, but there is absolutely no energy in this performance. And she's totally off key.

Ace "Drops of Jupiter" This is "more of a rock edge"? Totally didn't do anything for me. Neither did the hand-outstretched, lingering gaze thing that he uses to end every song.

Taylor "Trouble" Finally, a good performance. He made me swoon. Or at least I would have if I wasn't already sitting down.

Mandisa "Wanna Praise You" Interesting choice. Great energy, vocals were solid. I'm just a little perplexed.

Chris "What If" Maybe it's just the fact that I'm not really a fan of his genre, but all of Chris' songs kind of sound the same to me. Ehhh.

Katharine "The Voice Within" Awww, it even comes with an after-school-special moral, "trust yourself." This is good, though not really exciting, but solid enough that she should be safe. I guess I'm just really not liking this theme so far.

Bucky "Real Good Man" Bucky's back in his comfort zone, and this was a fine performance, but he's no Tim McGraw. The band is too loud. This is nothing special, but he's not the worst of the night.

Paris "Work It Out" Paris's voice reminds me of a Motown backup singer. I just can't picture her as a pop solo artist. The novelty of that voice coming out of that little girl has worn off.

Elliott "I Don't Want to Be" I can't understand half of the words, in fact probably more than half. And I'm not sure what genre he's going for. This performance has just left me confused, not entertained.

This week as been...underwhelming. At best. That's all I can muster for this episode. I think Lisa or Bucky will be headed home tomorrow night.

1 Comments:

  • I love Mary Mary. I didn't hear what she sang, but I have a feeling "Wanna Praise You" is actually Mary Mary's song titled "Shackles (Praise You)." It's very uplifting around finals. :)

    By Blogger Avid Diva, at 11:52 PM, March 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home