Don't call me Ms.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

AI: Top 12

Tonight's Theme: Stevie Wonder
I'm still a little worried about this theme. The people who sang Stevie Wonder in the earlier rounds all got ripped on for it. Perhaps the hope is that all of them singing Stevie will really sort out the great vocalists from the not so great.


Wait...he's actually contributing to people mutilating his music? Wow, that's cool, or really awful, we'll see.

Ace - Do I Do
This isn't terrible, but he's still not one of my favorites. The words were a little lost on that middle section, too. And get a haircut, at least a little trim/shape...please.

Kellie - Blame it on the Sun
Kellie's lack of experience is really starting to show. She's not performing and you can tell she's totally out of her comfort zone. This is just lifeless. And the hick schtick is getting old.

Elliott - Knocks Me Off My Feet
Wow, he was seriously star-struck, it was almost cute, but it was Elliott. His voice is starting to grow on me, but he still just doesn't have the Idol look. And can we please stop talking about how much he sweats?

Mandissa - Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing
What's up with the shoe thing - not cool! I didn't like the dress; without shoes on the tassels were dragging on the floor. It distracted me. Her vocals were good, but I felt her usual energy was a little lacking tonight. Some great notes toward the end, though.

Bucky - Superstitious
The clothing was an improvement, but the stylists still have some work to do here. This is not his genre. Ehhhhh, is about all I have to say.

Melissa - Lately
Wow, this is bad. And how can you not remember your lyrics after you've already messed them up?

Lisa - Signed, Sealed, Delivered
I love this song, and it is so good to hear her singing something fun and upbeat. She handled it pretty well too. Good job.

Kevin - Part Time Lover
This is so wrong. And I know I wasn't the only one who noticed the girls with the Kevin sign were like 8. That was awful - I don't ever want to see a hip-shimmy from him again.

Katharine - Until You Come Back to Me
What is she wearing? The vocals were good, of course, but this performance just didn't get me going.

Taylor - Livin for the City
This was so good. He looks nice in a suit that actually fits well. Great energy, great vocals, and some dancing that was not so great.

Paris -
Paris looked like a little girl playing dress-up again this week. Vocals were strong as usual, but I'm not as in love with her as I used to be.

Chris - Higher Ground
This is good. It sounds like Chris, not Chris doing Stevie. Good choice.

Summary
  • Is Paula ever critical of anyone?
  • There is a reason they rip on people who choose Stevie Wonder songs.
  • Chris is the front-runner.
Who's Out?
My pick: Kevin, and I will keep picking him until he's gone.
My prediction: Melissa

"LAKHawk Out"

1 Comments:

  • Last night I watched Idol for the first time since the auditions. I think Chris and Paris are my favorites -- I also really liked Lisa and Mandisa.

    Kellie? It's one thing to be a country singer (hey, you know how I feel about country). It's another thing to all but turn up your nose at one of the greatest living musicians in the world. It was obvious she didn't like Stevie's music. How can you not love Stevie? HOW??

    By Blogger Law Fairy, at 1:44 PM, March 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home