Don't call me Ms.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

American Idol: Top 8 Women

Here we go ladies, don't disappoint me this week...

Recaps

Paris She sang well, and the performance was there, but not quite up to Gloria Estefan's original. It's a tough song, but she handled it decently. Much more enjoyable than last week, when she just reminded me of my mother and her friends (who love Bette).

Lisa Plays the guitar - cool. Sings another slow but powerful song - ehhh. Still waiting to hear her sing something fun and happy.

Melissa What About Love? What about not taking on Heart when Mandisa totally rocked them in week one? What about avoiding the rock niche that Chris clearly owns on the show this season? This was not so great and, again, lacked energy.

Kinnik I have to give her credit for making a bold move here; after nearly being eliminated last week, she needed to really wow people tonight, and what better way than with Alicia Keys? Well, I can think of a better way, a GOOD performance would help. And her outfit looked like Daisy Duke gone horribly awry. Can anyone say "pitchy"?

Katharine Finally! Great song, great performance, great energy.

Ayla The singing was good, though I didn't recognize the song (I'm sure someone will enlighten me). The choreography was a little awkward in spots, but at least there was some energy. The hair, however, looked like what happens when I let my 4- and 7-year-old nieces do my hair.

Mandisa This was the perfect song choice. Mandisa singing Chaka Khan is just so right. And incredible vocals, as usual.

Kellie This really didn't do it for me. Her relative inexperience and lack of development are starting to show. Will her likeability be enough to save her this week?

Who's out?
My picks: Kinnik and Melissa
My prediction: Kinnik and Melissa

Up Next
The guys. I'll be glad when this format is finished and we get to theme nights next week.

"LAKHawk Out"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home