Don't call me Ms.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

AI: Top 9 - Country Night

It's Country Night! Kenny Rogers! Mmmmm, chicken. *drool*

Taylor "Take Me Home Country Road" - John Denver? Really? I expected more from Taylor. Granted he's more of a blues/soul kind of guy, but he definitely should have been able to find something to suit him better.

Mandisa "Any Man of Man" - If anybody can pull of the Shania attitude, it's Mandisa. Unfortunately, this is lacking energy. I won't be too critical of that, though, as she's giving it her own twist - not so much country. And so far Taylor and Mandisa have both sounded like they were in some kind of echo chamber.

Elliott "If Tomorrow Never Comes" - I love this song when Garth does it; it's a great country ballad. But this is feeling very Michael Buble to me. And it's not at all touching. Or maybe it's just that looking at Elliott is blocking any emotion.

Paris "How Do I Live Without You" - Paris is a good match for Faith; she has the pipes to do this song justice. She met my expectations - this is the first time in weeks I've actually enjoyed her. My favorite of the night so far.

Ace "Tonight I Wanna Cry" - Very pitchy. And he's no where near as dreamy as Keith Urban (even w/o the accent). Good grief - not more falsetto!

Kellie "Fancy" - I'm not going to pick on Kellie's song this week. She was adequate. Her personality still drive me nuts, though, so that's fair game. ;)

Chris "Making Memories of Us" - He is much closer to tapping the hotness that is Keith Urban. And it's kind of refreshing to hear a little bit different sound from Chris.

Katharine "Bringing Out the Elvis in Me" - This was a solid vocal performance, but it was kind of dull. She should be safe, though.

Bucky "Best I Ever Had" - This should have been Bucky's week to shine, but he was just average. His vocals were fine, but does he really think he can pull off sex symbol?

In summary...Was anyone else slightly disturbed by Kenny Rogers' surfer-esque look? And I know I'm not the only one who was less than thrilled with the performances tonight. And I love country music, so that's not it. Oh well.

My prediction: Ace or Katharine - I doubt either of them motivated their fanbase with lackluster country performances.

1 Comments:

  • Thanks to MadTV, I can't read or hear the name Kenny Rogers without thinking, "Hi, I'm Kenny Rogers! Welcome to JACKASS!!"

    By Blogger Law Fairy, at 5:33 PM, April 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home