Don't call me Ms.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Favorite TV Characters

I spent yesterday afternoon watching a marathon of Bravo's countdown of people's 100 favorite television characters. It was quite an enjoyable trip down memory lane. But now for my complaints. There were too many groups - the cast of Friends, the cast of Seinfeld, the cast of Will & Grace, etc. Not all of those characters were created equally. Yes, the success of those shows was because of the ensemble aspect, but let's face it, who didn't like George more than Elaine, or Phoebe more than Ross? There were also quite a few I didn't really know, mostly because I'm not forty and the shows haven't been on Nick@Nite. But there were also plenty that I'd at least heard of, even if I didn't totally agree with their selections.

Anyway, here is Bravo's top five:
5. Homer Simpson
4. The Fonz
3. Lucy Ricardo
2. Ralph Kramden
1. Archie Bunker

Agree? Disagree? What were they smoking?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home