Don't call me Ms.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Favorite Christmas Movies

I think the title is self-explanatory, so on with it...

MOST FAVORITE

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - A "classic" for anyone under 35 years of age. It's also my favorite of the National Lampoon's "vacation" series - yes, better than Wally World. I know this is a very heated debate, originalists vs. yule-ists, so disagree if you must. Maybe it's just that I saw the Christmas incarnation first.

Elf - It's just plain cute. Will Ferrell is hilarious, as usual. Add in my secret old-man crush, James Caan, and what more could you ask for? We even convinced my mom to switch from a children's book to a scene from this movie for our traditional Christmas game. See, there are surpise treats (can of cashews, bag of mini candy bars, etc) in bags and you pass the bags around the circle every time the special word (Santa, reindeer, it changes each year) is said. "You're not Santa!"

White Christmas - Bing Crosby. And if that wasn't enough, Rosemary Clooney. I have nothing else to say.

LEAST FAVORITE

I despise It's a Wonderful Life. There, I've said it, feel free to stone me now. It's just soooo sappy and gross and dull. And my ex-boyfriend always used to say he wished he lived in Pottersville, so that didn't help it either.

1 Comments:

  • At least he didn't buy you It's a Wonderful Life for Christmas -- or did he do that one year? I keep mixing up all his crappy presents.

    One of my faves is Meet Me In St. Louis. The Christmas ball at the end always sends a chill down my spine. Something about deep red ball gowns... sigh. If I could choose a singing voice that I could suddenly magically mimic, I would choose Judy Garland's.

    And I echo your Nat'l Lampoon thoughts. In my mind, Christmas Vacation IS the original.

    By Blogger Law Fairy, at 12:35 PM, December 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home