Don't call me Ms.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

AI: Top 6

We're half way through the elimination rounds - 6 down, 6 left. Tonight will feature love songs and VSMG Andrea Bocelli. I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one who finds Andrea Bocelli and American Idol an interesting combination. He must be a CD to promote. Now let's get on with some singing! But first David Foster (VSMG's producer) is going to criticize everyone. Sweet.

Katharine - I Have Nothing - The voice is amazing as always, though not quite Whitney in her prime. The dress, not so amazing. She needs some Spanx to cover up those bumps and lines.

Elliott - He was good, but I don't think he quite justified Paula's reaction. Tears? Really?

Kellie - Unchained Melody - I'm not expecting much. And she's not providing much. This is dull, just like the VSMG's producer predicted. Not as pitchy as last week, but still pretty bad.

Paris - The Way We Were - I won't hold it against her that she's singing Streisand, or that I didn't really care for that movie. She really owned this song and made it her own, which is what we've all come to expect from Paris.

Taylor - Just Once - This was a solid vocal. I think Taylor has shown the most flexibility with the themes, and tonight was no different. It didn't entertain me as much as some of the other weeks, but it should be good enough to get through another week.

Chris - Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman - It's good to see the VSMGs actually helping them improve their technique. I'm not a huge fan of this song to begin with, and Chris isn't helping. The Spanish guitar isn't helping either. The whole thing is just off somehow. What is Paula doing now, some sort of convulsions? I should stop trying to figure her out.

Overall, not a strong week. I think this week could end up being a pure popularity contest. Oh wait, that's every week. Nevermind. See you tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home