Don't call me Ms.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve

Would someone please explain to me what all the hype is about New Year's Eve? I don't know that I've ever had a "fun" NYE as an adult. I mean, sure when you're 7, just staying up until midnight is exciting; you're easy to please then. But why am I supposed to pay hundreds of dollars to go to a lame party with a bunch of strangers? Other than writing "6" instead of "5" at the end of the year, this whole event changes nothing for me. Why is this supposed to be exciting? Don't get me wrong, I'm going to a party at some friends' apartment, and I do like drinking, but I feel like I should be expecting some sort of epic life-changing experience...and I just don't.

And don't get me started on the whole kissing at midnight thing. I've done it once, and it was awkward. Perhaps I'm just bitter because this is yet another occasion to make me feel bad about being single and alone. Nah, that couldn't be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home