Don't call me Ms.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

American Idol: The Final 12

First up, a reminder of my picks/predictions:

Men
My picks : Kevin and Ace
My prediction: Kevin and Bucky

Women
My picks: Kinnik and Melissa
My prediction: Kinnik and Melissa

The Show
We start off with Bo Bice, not a group song. If he'd sounded like this last season, he wouldn't have made it so far. I guess when you're not being judged, you don't have to bring your A game.

First Woman Out Kinnik
You could kind of see it coming the way Ryan went down that first row. No big surprise after last weeks vote totals and her dull performance this week. So does this early elimination mean no ensemble performance tonight? Dare I hope?

First Man Out Will
I'm sad that the cutest guy is gone. Don't even talk to me about Ace, he's too old to be cute like that, and he needs a haircut. This was kind of expected, though. *sigh*

What are they going to do for the next half hour? Stretch the next eliminations out even more painfully than usual.

Female Finalists
Paris - big surprise
Katharine - of course
Kellie - Ryan should forget that accent - I don't want to hear it for the next 6 weeks
Mandisa - no brainer
Lisa - again, no shock
Melissa - that is kind of shocking, I'm really surprised

Second Woman Out Ayla - I'm disappointed. Ayla is a better singer, but obviously didn't connect as well. I can kind of understand people not really getting behind the girl who seems to have everything in her life already.

Male Finalists
Taylor - Yay!
Ace - of course
Chris - no surprises yet
Kevin - nooooooo!
Elliot - I can't believe they let the twins in the studio
Bucky - it could have gone either way

Second Man Out Gedeon - I'm a little surprised, but he is a little strange too. Awwww, Paris is crying and Ace is hugging her - that's so sweet. I take back the bad things I've said/thought about Ace since last night. Well, maybe just the bad things that weren't related to his singing, he really was bad last night.

Summary
My worst week yet at just one right, 25%. It's kind of mean for them to play "You Had a Bad Day" during the losers' montage at the end.

Up Next
The theme nights start next week, and did I just hear him say "Stevie Wonder"? Nobody has handled one of his songs well yet, and the judges always rip them when they try to "do Stevie." Who thought this was a good idea? I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised.

"LAKHawk Out"

1 Comments:

  • On second though, Ace is too pretty.

    Chris!!!

    And WHY oh WHY is Kevin still in?!

    Oh, that's right, the nursing home blue-haired grannies.

    By Blogger Avid Diva, at 1:26 PM, March 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home