Don't call me Ms.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

AI: Almost there

I'm not looking forward to this hour-long elimination, so let's get to it...

Kellie got a haircut and Ace still isn't as hot as he thinks he is. I wonder what other random audience shots we'll get tonight.

Recaps...and more recaps...and still recapping.

Tonight's Ford commercial was ridiculous. But not as ridiculous as Ryan calling it a "music video." I wish I'd fast forwarded through it.

I want X-Men 3. That would be so much better than having to watch the finalists in their hometowns. So here are the highlights:

Taylor
- When he's playing the guitar and singing he doesn't dance. He should do that more. Why do people still give a 'key to the city'? Nobody has walled, gated cities anymore. And who really wants the key to Birmingham? The mayor of Hoover, AL, has NO rhythm. The first lady of Alabama is wearing some freakish pink trench coat dress thing. Wow.

The best part of Taylor's performance of "Takin it to the Streets" was Elliott and Katharine doing his dance moves behind him. That's the first time all season Elliott has genuinely entertained me.

Katharine - Kat's from Sherman Oaks, so she had a short trip home. That explains how her parents can be at every episode. L.A. is kind of ridiculous if you ask me, and the aerial view of her high school just confirmed that perception.

Katharine is singing "Think" and doing a fine job. None of the performances are making me want to rush out and buy the American Idol CD, though. Maybe if Ryan says it just a few more times. Or not. Oh sweet - Todd Bridges sighting in the audience!

Elliott - I've been to Richmond, VA, and "amazing" isn't exactly the word I'd use for it. It's a nice enough southern town, but nothing that special. But more importantly, my mom has just pinpointed why his mouth looks so deformed. He must chew - or he did at some point. And how ridiculously overly sentimental is it to sing "Home" on this trip? That was a pathetic excuse for a first pitch, though at least it was generally the right direction. Good heavens...Paula is crying again. What a nut job.

"Mood for Love" is Elliott's track on the American Idol CD, and you know how I feel about Elliott the crooner. It was especially bad tonight, though.

And now we're finally going to get to the results. But first another CD plug. And more Clive Davis. And, of course, yet another commercial break. The more than 50 million votes cast broke down 33.06%, 33.26%, 33.68%. Wow, that is close, but you know what they say - close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. Elliott had the lowest percentage - it's about time. I don't have to be mad at you America. That's a relief.

Watching the "Had a Bad Day" montage, I have one thought: I hope he keeps his hair longer, it's a big improvement.

See you next week for the final showdown between Taylor and Kat(harine)!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home